Prima Farm Foods is innovating in the following ways to add value to the existing system of production and sales of vegetables and fruits:
- They aim to achieve higher realisation for farmers per kilogram of vegetables and fruits sold, as nothing goes to waste since any unsold produce is processed.
- They strive to make vegetables and fruits more affordable, ensuring that prices remain constant and hoarding does not occur. They achieve this by reducing wastage through value addition to the produce. Any vegetables and fruits that have marks due to transportation or during growing are converted into value-added products, which are then sold as packaged items in the market.
- Higher realisation for farmers per kilogram of vegetables and fruits sold
- Reduction of wastage through value addition to produce
- Making vegetables and fruits more affordable
- Prevention of hoarding
- Creation of value-added products from produce with marks or imperfections
- Contribution to the reduction of food waste